Sunday, January 31, 2010

GREATEST TENNIS PLAYER OF ALL TIME - Thursday January 28th 2010

They're saying that Roger Federer is the greatest male tennis player of all time. He may be.

He's won 15 Grand Slam tournaments. But I don't think he's won 2 grand slams though and that puts him behind Rod Laver in my pantheon.

What irks me is that the record of Rosewall and Laver and the rest of them stood still while they were playing professional tennis. The pro tour was a far superior competition.

In the early years Richard Gonzales whupped Hoad and Rosewall.

Then Hoad and Rosewall whupped Laver.

Even as late as 1972, nearly 20 years after he turned pro Rosewall beat Laver for the World Championship Tennis indoor championships in Dallas.

In 1974 Rosewall was in the Wimbledon final.

So here's what I'm going to do this year.

Without making a welter of it I'm going to make a list of the top ten tournaments each year on the WCT circuit and see who the winners were.

Then I'm going to select the top four tournaments, equivalent to the four Grant Slam tournaments.

Then I'm going to make a list of the winners.

On the track
For the first day since I started writing this blogarithm there wasn't a track.

I've been working flat out on revising my book, 'Fix back Pain.' It's off to the printers tomorrow, come hell or high water.

In the mean time stay tuned, highly tuned and wait for me to let you know who was the greatest male tennis player of all time.

John Miller

www.globalbackcare.com
www.fitandhealthonline.com
www.back-pain-cause.com

No comments:

Post a Comment