Sunday, January 31, 2010

ACHILLES TENDONITIS - Wednesday 27th January 2010

Went back to the podiatrist this morning.

Achilles tendon feeling a lot better. I've started running again.

I think the wedges he sold me are working. It stands to reason, when your feet are square you don't have abnormal pressure on your muscles, tendons, ligaments and bones.

I think the constant icing has been good too as has the stretching on the slant board. Stood for 5 minutes with feet square and 5 minutes pigeoned-toed. I could really feel the stretch with the pigeon-toed stance. I'm going to keep doing that.
I've been wearing my neoprene anklets most of the day and sticking and icepack down the back of it.
I went to Big W and found some little ice packs designed to put into lunch boxes. They came in a packet of three so at any one time one is on my Achilles tendon and the others are in the freezer.
So, for now, I'm feeling better. The rest of my legs are feeling better as well.
On the track
Went walking and running with the boys. Ran for 20 minutes.
In the evening went to the gym with Christine and had a good workout.
In the meantime stay tuned, highly tuned and when you become injured, get a neoprene support and start icing - constantly.
John Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment