Thursday, December 24, 2009

OXYGEN THERAPY

Health Blogarithm for the 23rd of December 2009

I'm reading a book about hydrogen peroxide therapy. It sounds plausible but I suspect there's a 101 reasons to register some caution.

But I'm on the stepper and I'm thining, 'This is oxygen therapy.'

How long do I have to stand here stepping with my heart rate over 140 BPM for me to get enough oxygen into my body to do some good?

I don't think any one really knows.

I visited the International Diabetes Institute a few times to see whether they would be interested in joining me in a research project to see how many aerobytes a day someone needed to kick-start a buggered pancreas back into life.

Not interested, but they're into weight lifting, not the real thing of course, just a bastardized version for people who've never lifted a weight in their life.

The other branches of the medical research community are only interested in junk medicine. The drug companies are a soft touch. It enables them to keep the sceintists on a short leash. They can let them off to charm doctors at silver service dinners.

So, there you have it, you're on your own. Do the aerabyte study yourself. See how many you need to get in a week to stimulate the metabolic defrag process. For more information go to http://www.fitandhealthyonline.com/.

On the track
Phew, the defrag has kicked in. 40 minutes at level 8 on the stepper, that's 819 steps (and 626 calories burnt) and the best result for a year or so.

I know when I can last 40 minutes at resistance level 8 that I'm getting back into shape. 40 minutes all over 140 bpm means 200 aerabytes for the session. That, I think might be the metabolic defrag gold standard. Bronze would be 120 bpm and silver 130 bpm.

Of course if you did it with your heart rate just over 100 bpm it would take you 3 hours and 20 minutes, but I think 100 bpm isn't going to defrag much at all.

Weight 85.6 Kg.

In the meantime stay tuned, highly tuned and remember, just because you feel tired one day doesn't mean you can't come back like the Flying Scotsman the next.

John Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment