Sunday, June 20, 2010

TREATMENT FOR DEPRESSION - Saturday 13th June 2010

Gurdjieff said that it you're depressed one of the best things you can do is get out in the garden.

I think that's true.

Well, I'm not depressed but I had a great day out in the garden today working like buggery up at Christine's son's place in Hackett.

I used to help my Dad in the garden when I was a kid. He worked on Saturday morning. He'd come home, have lunch, get changed and go out into the garden. He was raised on a farm and turned gardening on a quarter acre block into an artform.

Life seemed to be one continuous routing of mucking stuff out of the chook house and spreading it on the garden and then barrowing new dirt back in it's place.

At the end of the day we'd often go down to the beach to get the chooks some seaweed and cuttlefish bones to scrape their beaks on.

There's nothing quite as satisfying as hosing down the paths and the tools at the end of the day and looking back to survey your work.

My Dad knew how to work hard

A few weeks ago I ran amok with the chainsaw cutting an old creeper and a tree off the carport.

Today involved more chainsawing, putting the rubbish on the ute and taking it to the dump.

Christine and Cameron got stuck into it as well. It was a great day.

Jeez I slept well.

On the track
The track today was the garden.

In the meantime stay tuned, highly tuned and if you feel depressed get out into the garden.

John Miller
www.millerhealth.com.au
www.fitandhealthyonline.com
www.globalbackcare.com
www.crookback.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment