I reckon institutionalized ten minute breaks are important, particularly for people who sit down all day and are in stressful jobs like call centres.
So work for seven hours but get paid for 8 - but the extra hour means breaks for
- listening to a relaxation audio file
- walking around the block - without a cigarette
- doing ten minutes tai chi or yoga
- doing ten minutes of strength exercises
- doing ten minutes of stretching exercise.
I'm not sure that adds up to an hour but you get what I mean.
Plus if you're the manager, obligate yourself to personally-deliver a piece of fruit to each person's desk for morning tea.
In the meantime stay tuned, highly tuned and remind me to do this myself!